I'll start off saying that my family is not perfect. We've had our fair share of arguments and fights. But the domestic church that we call family has been an integral part of my growing up. I have watched my parents work together on many things, like planning a vacation, which may not seem like much but can be very strenuous. My mom has instilled the Christian faith and values that she desires to see reflected in both my brother and me.
The structure of marriage, unfortunately, has taken a turn for the worse. I think that people do not take the commitment of marriage as seriously anymore, although some couples do uphold the values of marriage. In addition, like Gigi, some people have this idea that there is an absolutely perfect person out there. I don't think that there is a perfect person out there, but rather one who accepts and complements every part of you, even the clingy, needy parts of Gigi. The flexibility of relationships now allow for individuals not to be pressured into marriage, like Neil. Decades ago, Beth and Neil's relationship would have been looked down upon, but presently, this way of living is neither condemned nor condoned.
No comments:
Post a Comment